Are you obsessed with sheet pan suppers yet? I sure am! I jumped on the bandwagon about two years ago and tried the first one out for Easter that year. It was the one that circulated Pinterest for so long – chicken, green beans, potatoes, and Italian dressing. I’ve tested several combos out along the way. But the one I made tonight – this sheet pan chicken and veggie supper – is my favorite so far.
Sunday nights are tough for us – as they probably are for most families. There is laundry to finish up, school bags to pack, outfits to pick out for the week, and meals to prep.
We’ve always been a soup or salad Sunday kind of family. Usually, it’s soup. As summer approaches, we will transition to some hearty salads instead. But I’m kinda diggin’ the idea of a sheet pan supper one or two nights of the month.
The clean up on this sheet pan chicken and veggie supper was so nice. No bulky pots and pans in the sink. No slew of bowls and servings spoons and forks on the counters.
This recipe still calls for two bowls, a cutting board, and a serving utensil, but the absence of multiple pots and pans in the sink got no complaints from The Hubs who often helps with the dishes after dinner.
Another plus is that the spices I used are all basic spices that are ALWAYS in my kitchen. The only thing I had to double check for was the ranch dressing mix. That one can be hit or miss in my pantry.
I was ansy about the cook time because I was winging this on my own, but I love how the chicken had crispy outer edges, the potatoes were fork tender and the squash had that gorgeous translucent center with a roasted edge after 30 minutes in my oven. I knew the chicken wouldn’t have to cook as long as chicken breasts since these were tenders. Also, not all of my veggies were in a single layer. Some slices were on top of others. It would be best to keep things to a single layer as much as possible.
I have plans for the next sheet meal based around one of our favorite breakfast dishes. Stay tuned for that one!
- 8 chicken tenderloins, uncooked
- 7-8 small red potatoes, with skin
- 2 yellow squash
- 1 oz package dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (or regular)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- olive oil
- parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop potatoes and squash into thin disks.
- Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, potatoes, and squash.
- Drizzle with olive oil (about 3 rotations of drizzle) and stir.
- On the baking sheet, place the chicken on one end.
- On the other side, add the squash and the potatoes. (Try to place them only one layer deep as much as possible.)
- In a small bowl, combine the ranch mix and all of the spices.
- Spoon the spices over the entire sheet pan, careful to evenly coat all areas of the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the veggies pierce easily with a fork.
- Garnish with parsley and additional spices, if desired.
Linking up this sheet pan chicken and veggie supper with:
What is your favorite sheet pan supper?