Taking a little break from our Frozen Flavor series to focus on this Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Mocha.
It’s funny how things trend. When I was younger, I don’t really remember pumpkin being a thing except for the cliche Thanksgiving pumpkin pie. That was the extent of it. Now, September through November would not be recognized if not for this pumpkin-everything mentality. But there are worse mentalities out there, I suppose.
I’ll admit that I’m not as “give me all the pumpkin” zeoulous as many of you out there. I like pumpkin flavor with certain things but not with all things. Drinks are one thing I can make the pumpkin exception with, and this slow cooker pumpkin spice mocha brings all the warm feels of fall!
And how can I not like a drink made in the slow cooker? Slow cooking is my jam. I’m always amazed when I hear people say they have never used a slow cooker. Crazy talk!
This pumpkin spice mocha is the perfect party drink! You can let it rock while you make your other party preparations. Your guests can serve themselves throughout the night while the drink stays warm. What’s not to love?
The recipe for this pumpkin spice mocha is also a bit flexible. If you can’t have caffeine or you simply don’t like coffee, you can always replace the coffee with milk.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2 Tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Cup whole milk
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ⅛ Cup sugar
- Whip cream to taste
- 1/4 Cup coffee
- 2 Tbsps cacao powder
- Mix the pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice together. Cook on medium heat then add black pepper to taste.
- Add in the sugar and keep stirring until the mix becomes like a syrup.
- Transfer to a slow cooker, add the milk, vanilla extract, coffee, and cocoa powder, stir. Cook for 1-2 hours over high.
- Serve in mugs.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle extra pumpkin spice or nutmeg for a nice finish.
- Swap the coffee for more milk to keep it caffeine free.