Loaded baked potato dip is the perfect touch for a holiday potluck or party! The creamy texture and the added toppings bring together an unexpected type of dip.
If you are a baked potato fan, this dip is worth a try!
I love a good baked potato, but the Hubs thinks it is too much trouble to load up a potato and get it prepared like you want it. This loaded baked potato dip is a great alternative.
Any recipe with green onions, cheese, and bacon is worth a try!
Sometimes, during the holiday season, things are so hectic that I feel frantic over the holiday potluck duties. I’m not alone in this, right? The great thing about this is that you can double the ingredients and cook double batches at once to get two holiday dishes in one hour or so of effort.
This dip can be served with crackers, chips, or bread slices. And it could be kept warm in a slow cooker, though I would probably add a touch of milk to keep it from drying out too much.
Some of my favorite dips to take to parties are corn dips, cheese dips, and spinach-artichoke dips. Meaning, this type of dip is off the beaten path for me. But sometimes it’s nice to have something different among the sea of cheese dips.
- 5 Potatoes
- ½ Cup cream cheese
- ¼ Cup milk
- 4 Strips bacon
- ¼ Cup Monterrey-Jack colby cheese, shredded
- ¼ Cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ Cup green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set a pot to boil water over medium high heat.
- On a sauce pan, cook the bacon strips until they are crispy.
- Place the bacon on a plate with towel paper, and cut into small pieces.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in four.
- Boil the potatoes for 6 minutes or until they are tender, remove from the pot and set them in a bowl.
- In a bowl mash the potatoes and add the cream cheese, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Add half the cheese to the mashed potatoes and fold gently.
- Serve and garnish with the remaining cheese, bacon, and green onions.
- Tip: Add some chili powder to spice it up!
Can’t you just imagine your party guests or companions devouring this party-perfect loaded baked potato dip?
Linking up my loaded baked potato dip with the following link ups: