My Lasagna Supreme
While the meat mixture simmers, I beat three eggs in a medium-size mixing bowl. To that, I add the cottage cheese, the chopped parsley, the grated parmesan cheese, and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper. Mix well.
I ladle about half of the cottage cheese mixture over the noodles.
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground sausage, mild or regular
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14 oz), undrained
- 3 cans tomato paste (6 oz each)
- 1-2 tsp Italian seasoning or oregano
- One cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 box of oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley or dried parsley flakes
- Cottage cheese (24 oz), small curd
- 1.5 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- Generous sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- First, set oven to 375 degrees.
- Then, brown the ground beef and sausage with the onion and the garlic.
- Drain the meat mixture.
- Next, put the meat back into the skillet along with the can of diced tomatoes, the tomato paste, and the Italian seasoning. Cover and simmer for about fifteen minutes.
- While the meat mixture simmers, beat three eggs in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Add the cottage cheese, the chopped parsley, the grated parmesan cheese, and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper to the eggs. Mix well.
- Layer the no-boil lasagna noodles on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Ladle about half of the cottage cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Next, carefully spread half of the meat mixture over the cottage cheese.
- Spread half of each cheese over the meat.
- Repeat layers so that you end up with two layers of everything, with cheese on top.
- Bake the dish for about 45-50 minutes until the cheese looks perfectly golden and gooey.
Linking up my lasagna supreme this week with:
What about you guys? How did you come about some of your go-to recipes?