Your thighs may not thank me for these cinnamon roll muffins, but your taste buds will. Have you ever met a cinnamon roll you didn’t like? What about a muffin? Yeah, me neither. These cinnamon rolls muffins are an ooey gooey hybrid of the two. These truly are the best of both worlds!
Who can argue against the marriage of cinnamon and icing?
These cinnamon roll muffins would be perfect for potlucks, thank you or thinking-of-you baskets, and teacher gifts. I’m also thinking of holiday brunch. I don’t know about you, but I always have holiday food on the brain – no matter what time of year!
Speaking of pastries, the Hubs has been making muffins or cinnamon rolls with the girls for breakfast every weekend. They use the packaged mixes usually, but it is still the cutest thing ever! Scooter Britches usually gets to make the decision on whether we will feast on muffins or cinnamon rolls, and she often starts talking about her pick the day before.
But you certainly don’t have to be a kid to long for muffins or cinnamon rolls. They both bring the same appeal as cupcakes. There is just something so adorable about these little individually-sized pastries, no?
What’s your preference: muffins or cinnamon rolls? Either way, these cinnamon roll muffins ought to float your boat!
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup milk
- ½ Cup butter
- ½ Cup sugar
- 2 Tsps baking powder
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup warm water
- ⅛ Ounce yeast
- Cinnamon-sugar filling
- ½ Cup butter, melted
- ½ Cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsps ground cinnamon
- ¼ Cup cream cheese
- 3 Tbsps milk
- ½ Tbsp powdered sugar
- In a small bowl mix the warm water and yeast. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the all-purpose flour, milk, egg, butter, sugar, and baking powder. Whisk repeatedly.
- Incorporate the yeast water and keep mixing.
- Transfer to a flat surface with flour and knead the dough for 10 minutes.
- Place in a bowl, cover it, and let it rise until it doubles in size (around 1 hour).
- While waiting, whip up the filling mixing in a small bowl, the melted butter, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Once the dough it has risen, punch it down and transfer to a flat surface with flour and stretch it with a rolling pin into a rectangular shape.
- Spread the cinnamon-sugar filling over the dough in a uniform way.
- Roll the dough and cut it into slices.
- Grease a muffin pan and place the cinnamon rolls into it.
- Take it to the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- While baking, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and milk to obtain the glaze.
- Remove the tray from the oven, and transfer the muffins to a rack to cool down for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with the glaze.
- Serve while warm and enjoy.
Linking up these cinnamon roll muffins at the following link ups: