I don’t know it for a fact, but I would bet that most workplaces have at least one person who likes to surprise his/her coworkers with special desserts or treats from time to time. Has someone popped into your head yet? We have a lovely lady at work who not only brings desserts, but she shows up from time to time with full-blown soups and salads and such to share with everyone in the teacher’s lounge. It was she who introduced me to this delicious angel hair pasta salad that I am sharing with you today – with her blessing. I always ask permission before sharing a recipe someone else originally shared with me because some folks are a little protective of their recipes. You picturing someone for that, too?
The great thing about this pasta salad is that it stays good in the fridge for days. It’s the perfect thing to keep around for lunches in the summer or for feeding a crowd at a potluck or gathering.
Angel Hair Pasta Salad
First you prepare the angel hair according to the instructions on the package. Drain the pasta.
In a very large mixing bowl, combine the pasta and whatever veggies you want. I usually add some shaved carrots, one large can of sliced olives, and a handful of sliced cherry or grape tomatoes.
To this, add 1/2 bottle Italian salad dressing and 1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise.
To season, you add 2 teaspoons of Cavender’s Greek Seasoning.
You can adjust any of the ingredients to suit your taste.
In the past, I have bought the frozen mini crab cakes from the frozen appetizers section at the grocery store and served them on top of this angel hair pasta salad for a simple but elegant lunch.
- 1 package angel hair pasta
- 1 large can sliced black olives
- 1 cup of shaved carrot
- 1 cup of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups mayo
- 1/2 bottle Italian salad dressing
- 2 tsp Cavender's Greek Seasoning
- Cook angel hair pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, mixing very well.
- Serve, or chill and serve later.
- Keep leftover pasta stored in the refrigerator.
- Note: any of the ingredients may be adjusted to suit personal taste.
Sharing this angel hair pasta salad with: